Stevenage, St Hugh and St John, Chells (LEP)
Rev Duncan Campbell email@example.com
Date Adopted by PCC: 14 05 2012
Date presented to APCM: 27 05 2012
Date sent to Bishop: 10 07 2012
Date review date:
Parish: Stevenage, St Hugh and St John, Chells (LEP)
Benefice: Stevenage, St Hugh and St John, Chells
Three things we have seen about our parish and our world
- hurch is a focal point in the parish and well placed in the vicinity near shops, community centre, schools and other facilities to develop further ministry
- We have significant links to our local schools
- The community is more needy than we realised
Three things we have seen about our church
- The children’s work, including Launch Pad, is very good. We also have good outreach to older people through Wednesday Fellowship
- We are failing to integrate new comers sufficiently
- We are not attracting and retaining young people (teens – under 30s)
How we want to be described in five years’ time.
Our vision is that: the communities of which we are a part will be centred on Jesus Christ filled with love, joy and hope living life to the full with God as our King. We see no need to alter our vision statement at present but will keep it under review as part of the MAP process.
Our three key priorities for the next five years.
- Enhance prayer life of church members and extend prayer opportunities into the wider community
- Improve our Welcome, Inclusion, and Pastoral Care of church members
- Continue and improve our ministry to the 0-30's
Our five key SMART goals for the next year or more.
- Have trained prayer team available before / after church on Sundays; Establish prayer support network
- Develop opportunties to pray and learn to pray
- Improve our care circles by reducing size and ensuring new people are included; Teach / train about welcome
- Secure funding for Launch Pad project for next 5 years
- Establish contemporary worship along side existing more traditional forms