Neil Walter firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Adopted by PCC: 26 04 2012
Date presented to APCM:
Date sent to Bishop: 05 07 2012
Date review date: 28 04 2013
Deanery: Ampthill and Shefford
Three things we have seen about our parish and our world
- We are a mid-sized village, but with a small geographical area.
- We are a commuter village, with good road and rail links, many people have attachments outside the village.
- There is a large upper school in the village, which brings 1,000+ pupils aged 13-18 into the village each day.
Three things we have seen about our church
- Our Church is warm, friendly and welcoming.
- The congregation is relatively low in number, but is growing and there is a regular & committed core.
- We would like to further develop the Church building for use by the village community and ourselves.
How we want to be described in five years’ time.
We are a group of ordinary people who seek to follow Jesus Christ. In Jesus we find meaning and purpose to our lives, and we seek to serve our community in his name.
Our three key priorities for the next five years.
- Going deeper into God: To deepen personal faith through worship and prayer.
- Making new disciples: To encourage a growth in attendance by appealing to all age groups, but particularly the young.
- Transforming communities: To actively support via Harlington Churches Together (HTC) & School Group, outreach to young people.
Our five key SMART goals for the next year or more.
- To attract more people to Church Services and events.
- To be an active participant in HTC to witness to the village and other village churches.
- To further develop the Church building for use by the village community and ourselves, ie. concerts, exhibitions.
- To actively support work with children and young people, ie 'Open the Book' project, and encourage visits to the church.
- To be involved in the Board for Church and Society 'Care in the Community Group' to support people with dementia.