Revd Jan Brookshaw firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Adopted by PCC: 14 03 2012
Date presented to APCM:
Date sent to Bishop: 15 03 2012
Date review date: 16 09 2012
Benefice: Stodden Churches, The
Three things we have seen about our parish and our world
- A number of families with children, but insufficient to form a core group - sports etc. mean no teenagers attend church services
- A lack of understanding of the church's finance despite much communication.
- A very small civic population of about 1200 people, 6 Churches (Stodden) that are Grade 1 Listed, no facilities. 5 halls.
Three things we have seen about our church
- An increasing reluctance to attend worship outside the village of residence or join in fundraising socials.
- A good level of planned givers (45 = 4% civic population), but only raising 70% parish share.
- We attract worshippers from the nearby towns.
How we want to be described in five years’ time.
Stodden Churches: A Christian community that looks like an image of faith rather than a church building. We will be seen as a welcoming community, encompassing all ages with an active lay leadership working with their priest/spiritual leader to provide both traditional and new forms of worship and church-goers who are involved in their community setting examples of Christian love in action.
Our three key priorities for the next five years.
- Improve our public worship so that it is more attractive to more people.
- Consult with all PCCs about the structure of Stodden on Jan's retirement and flagging the financial challenges.
- Plan for benefice ministry after Jan retires.
Our five key SMART goals for the next year or more.
- Use modern technology and social media to improve communications.
- By 2012 to increase planned giving both in terms of number of planned givers and total amount pledged.
- Improve the 10.30am service through more effective Bible reading, intercessions, hymns, with wider lay participation.
- Improve our worship, offering to families in a more informal setting with introduction of Cafe Sunday.
- Consult with all PCCs about the structure of Stodden on Jan's retirement and flag the financial challenges.